Let’s be honest, as women, we throw around our opinions like confetti- whether we mean to or not. We just can’t help it! This is something to remember when thinking about who to invite to your bridal appointment. Finding your gown is a VERY special moment & you don’t want the experience to be overwhelmed by 10 different people’s opinions flying around the room. There’s a few special moments you’ll remember in your life & this is one of them, sharing this experience with the ones you hold closest to you. The people you choose to bring to your appointment should really be there to support you & your personal style. Trust your bridal stylist to be the one to give you the fashion advice you need- that’s what we’re here for! Anyways, in our expert opinion here at The Collection, we would say two to three people (for example: mom, sister & best friend) is ideal. With all of this being said, we can assure you that when you have a bridal appointment at our store & the right people with you, finding your wedding dress will be one of the best experiences of planning your wedding!
We wouldn’t call it “homework”, but there are definitely a couple of things you should have figured out before going dress shopping! If you haven’t thought about this yet, we’re here to help. First, you should think about your budget. No need to stress, but you should really have a ballpark idea of how much you want to spend- this is what you’ll tell your stylist doing your personal consultation & she will make sure to be respectful of it! Another thing to think about is bringing in any pictures you like. This could be pictures from magazines & Pinterest, or pictures of yourself in dresses that you’ve already tried on! Sometimes it’s hard to explain the look you’re going for, so having pictures to look at makes this a little easier. One last piece of “homework” would be putting some thought in to who you would like to bring with you. Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post that will explain exactly how to know who to bring!
I have to start off by saying this- here at The Collection, we are just as excited as you are for you to find your gown & we really can’t say thank you enough for choosing us to be a part of such an exciting time in your life! As soon as you walk in to our store, you can expect to be greeted by one of our fabulous stylists who are ready to give you a personal consultation. This is to get to know you & your style a little bit better, before starting the fun process of trying dresses on! Once you start trying dresses on, you can expect to feel a mixture of emotions. You may feel confused, overwhelmed, emotional- this is completely normal & will be totally worth it once you say yes to your beautiful gown. If you’re feeling overwhelmed because there are so many beautiful dresses to choose from, find comfort in the fact that your stylist knows exactly what she is doing & is here for you! If you’re feeling confused because you think you might like a completely different look than what you thought you did, I’m here to tell you that this happens 9 times out of ten & there’s no need to worry! If you’re feeling emotional, well, no one could ever blame you for that. This is a HUGE milestone in your life & we are here for you in any way you could possibly need. Happy tears!
On January 14, 2016 The Collection Bridal was honored to host a Wedding Professionals Networking Event that drew industry professionals from across Central Florida. It was an opportunity for wedding professionals from all aspects of the bridal industry to come together to share insights, stories and knowledge with their colleagues and to plan future collaborations. The evening included hors d’ oeuvres, music, models and of course champagne! Cake vendors shared their sweet treats while a beautiful Cinderella carriage, courtesy of Equine Villa lit up Park Avenue for the evening.
Inbal Dror Trunk Show
May 15-17, 2015
The Collection Bridal, 301 N. Park Ave
Runway photos courtesy of RH Photography Communication.
March 27th-29th, 2015
The Collection Bridal, 301 N. Park Ave
Known as one of the best designers in the business and a designer to the stars, Monique Lhuillier is one of the most sought-after wedding gown designers. Come see the Spring and Fall 2015 Bridal Collections and Platinum lines. Special Trunk Show incentive for purchase.
Call 407-740-6003 or email email@example.com to set up your appointment.
1. Don’t delay. One of your first steps in planning your wedding should be finding a bridal gown! Ideally, you should start your dress search a year before the wedding. Gowns are cut to order – this is not your usual off the rack shopping. Alterations also take time, and you’ll want some time to finalize your accessories.
2. Make an appointment. Most bridal salons are appointment-only so be sure to plan your trip a week or two in advance. Here at The Collection, we are happy to take walk-ins, but recommend making an appointment so that a dedicated Stylist can help. Call (407) 740-6003 to set up your appointment with us.
3. Who to bring. Think small entourage and only bring those people closest to your heart, for an intimate experience. It can be fun to shop with a big group of friends, but with a large group sometimes comes mixed signals. When you’re ready to make a decision we recommend a small group.
4. Know your budget. This is a discussion to have with whoever is paying for the gown before you walk in the door, so that you don’t fall in love with something you can’t afford. Gowns at The Collection range from $2,000 to over $13,000, so it’s important to know where you’d like to be budget-wise.
5. Get inspired. Feel free to bring inspiration photos you’ve found on Pinterest or in bridal magazines to share with your Stylist.
6. Come with an open mind. You may bring some ideas with you, but at the same time it’s important to consider your Stylist’s suggestions. Try things on they pick out even if you don’t love it on the hanger, you might be surprised! And don’t get stuck on checklists – brides often end up with something they never imagined wearing.
7. Consider trunk shows. Didn’t find your dress on the first round? Consider coming back for a trunk show. Trunk shows are special events where The Collection has extra dresses they don’t normally have in stock – sometimes straight from the runway or new dresses that aren’t in stores yet. Also, consider having us special order a dress for you to try on. Even if it’s not in the store, we can sometimes track down a sample and ship it to the store for you to try on!
8. Wear nude undergarments. A nude, strapless bra and nude underwear are recommended. Bring heels to try on with dresses, or use the ones we provide.
9. Consider your wedding details. You don’t need to have your entire wedding planned, but having an overall idea of how formal or religious your ceremony is, or the time of year or city where your wedding will take place, can make a huge difference in what kind of dress you pick. Or do what some brides do – pick the dress first, and have that set the tone for the rest of the wedding!
10. Don’t expect a “moment.” This happens for some brides, but you may not feel the clouds part and angels sing when you find your dress. Instead of an emotional response, look for the dress that makes you visualize your wedding day. The one that transports you to that day – not the one that makes someone else happy, but what you feel confident walking down the aisle in.
Good luck with your bridal gown search! Let us know how we can help you find “the one”!