Runway photos courtesy of RH Photography Communication.
Runway photos courtesy of RH Photography Communication.
Call 407-740-6003 or email email@example.com to set up your appointment.
1. Don’t delay. One of your first steps in planning your wedding should be finding a bridal gown! Ideally, you should start your dress search a year before the wedding. Gowns are cut to order – this is not your usual off the rack shopping. Alterations also take time, and you’ll want some time to finalize your accessories.
2. Make an appointment. Most bridal salons are appointment-only so be sure to plan your trip a week or two in advance. Here at The Collection, we are happy to take walk-ins, but recommend making an appointment so that a dedicated Stylist can help. Call (407) 740-6003 to set up your appointment with us.
3. Who to bring. Think small entourage and only bring those people closest to your heart, for an intimate experience. It can be fun to shop with a big group of friends, but with a large group sometimes comes mixed signals. When you’re ready to make a decision we recommend a small group.
4. Know your budget. This is a discussion to have with whoever is paying for the gown before you walk in the door, so that you don’t fall in love with something you can’t afford. Gowns at The Collection range from $2,000 to over $13,000, so it’s important to know where you’d like to be budget-wise.
5. Get inspired. Feel free to bring inspiration photos you’ve found on Pinterest or in bridal magazines to share with your Stylist.
6. Come with an open mind. You may bring some ideas with you, but at the same time it’s important to consider your Stylist’s suggestions. Try things on they pick out even if you don’t love it on the hanger, you might be surprised! And don’t get stuck on checklists – brides often end up with something they never imagined wearing.
7. Consider trunk shows. Didn’t find your dress on the first round? Consider coming back for a trunk show. Trunk shows are special events where The Collection has extra dresses they don’t normally have in stock – sometimes straight from the runway or new dresses that aren’t in stores yet. Also, consider having us special order a dress for you to try on. Even if it’s not in the store, we can sometimes track down a sample and ship it to the store for you to try on!
8. Wear nude undergarments. A nude, strapless bra and nude underwear are recommended. Bring heels to try on with dresses, or use the ones we provide.
9. Consider your wedding details. You don’t need to have your entire wedding planned, but having an overall idea of how formal or religious your ceremony is, or the time of year or city where your wedding will take place, can make a huge difference in what kind of dress you pick. Or do what some brides do – pick the dress first, and have that set the tone for the rest of the wedding!
10. Don’t expect a “moment.” This happens for some brides, but you may not feel the clouds part and angels sing when you find your dress. Instead of an emotional response, look for the dress that makes you visualize your wedding day. The one that transports you to that day – not the one that makes someone else happy, but what you feel confident walking down the aisle in.
Good luck with your bridal gown search! Let us know how we can help you find “the one”!
“With my mom working in the bridal industry, and growing up around it, there’s a lot of pressure to have a unique dress. I also modeled wedding dresses, so I’ve had hundreds of them on. I knew I wasn’t going to have that exact moment other brides have and would be a bit harder to please. We had a really big challenge ahead.”
Shayna spent two years planning her wedding, but found her Inbal Dror gown only five months before wedding. “I chose my wedding gown after work, while the store was closed at 9 o’clock at night. I said ‘I’ll try anything at this point. Let’s give it a whirl.’ As soon as I put it on – I knew it was the dress. I was completely silent. My mom was concerned and asked ‘are you okay?’ and I responded ‘ Yes! I want this dress!’ It was completely different from what I thought I wanted. It had sleeves, was backless and fitted. I thought I wanted a huge, cupcake dress. But it was such a perfect gown for me. I wouldn’t have been happy with anything else!”
Shayna danced and celebrated in her dress until two in the morning. Her dress has a pink underlay, which gave it a slight blush hue. The Collection embroidered the inside hem with the bride and groom’s name and wedding date in blue. “Inbal went above and beyond – I can’t thank her enough for making this dress possible! She really cares about her style and gowns.” For this bride, it was truly a fairly tale ending!
Photos by Binaryflips Photography.
Call 407-740-6003 to set up your appointment(s).
These photos are courtesy of Winter Park Photography.
We had come to the end of our selection, but Jess had one more idea in mind. She insisted we pull the next dress off a mannequin, even though I really wanted something with straps. The next one was everyone’s favorite!
Decisions, decisions…. I came back to The Collection at a later date and found my dress then. My final decision is top secret for now (I’m not revealing to any of my friends and family until the big day!), but this first trip to The Collection was so helpful in narrowing down what style of dress I wanted, and I loved all four dresses for different reasons.
I’ll be sharing more of my wedding journey here on The Collection blog over the next few months, including photos of our wedding day. I hope you’ll join me - a huge thanks to my Stylist Jess and The Collection Bridal team for having me!
What: Vera Wang trunk show
When: Nov. 27-29
Where: The Collection Bridal
Why: This is your chance to try on dresses from the spring 2015 Vera Wang collection that haven’t hit stores yet. Spring 2015 was ethereal, dreamy, and one of Vera’s best collections ever. Don’t miss your chance to see these exclusive dresses, including the stunning ballet-inspired dress above!
Please call 407-740-6003 to set up your appointment!